Greenbelt Festival is a festival of music, arts, talks, artistry, activism and belief that takes place each August Bank Holiday at Boughton House, nr Kettering, NN14 1BJ.
There are many volunteering opportunities available, including Festival Stewards. Stewards are often the first people that festivalgoers will meet when they arrive at Greenbelt, and also the people who keep them safe throughout the weekend, this is a very important role and duties will include:
- providing a friendly welcome to the festival, and being a reassuring visible presence
- directing and helping people as they arrive and leave the festival village, car parks and campsite
- checking wristbands.
- providing a point of contact for festivalgoers requiring assistance and responding to situations should the need arise
- managing car parking and directing traffic
- ensuring the safe running of the festival village, including both venues and outdoor areas
- assisting with the opening and closing of venues,
- counting people in and out
- managing queues
- ensuring safe running of the inside of venues
- ensuring the safe running of the campsite
The nature of the role could mean you will spend much of your shift on your feet, and you will be out in all weather conditions therefore, warm clothing, sturdy comfortable footwear and waterproofs are essential.
- good and clear communication skills
- calmness under pressure and good listening skills are essential
- a sense of humour and a big smile are a great help
As Stewards, you will receive role-specific training before the festival begins, and will be briefed at the start of each shift by your team leaders.
A Gold Award winner with Accessibility is Everything. Greenbelt has an Access Team to support festival-goers and volunteers of all ages with additional needs. Aiming to make volunteering opportunities available and accessible in teams wherever possible.
- Age restrictions
Ages 16 plus. Some roles are restricted to over 18s
- DBS check required
Only a few specific roles will require a DBS. This does not include Festival Stewards
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Greenbelt will cover reasonable expenses incurred for attending necessary meetings. They do not cover travel to the festival. Volunteers receive the following: Free entry to the festival Parking pass and caravan pass if required Food vouchers per 7-8 hour shift Access to free showers & volunteers lounge Discounted talks Discounted programme Discounted Volunteer T-shirt
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Greenbelt have a Volunteer Support team, as well as Festival Wellbeing, team leaders and Volunteer Manager, who can all support volunteers
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The festival takes place from 26th to 29th August 2022 - Festival Stewards will need to arrive on Thursday 25th August for training. Arrival days for other roles varies
Milton Keynes Museum Trust Ltd.
Leonard Cheshire Disability
London IV project - Action for Children
Brackley Town Football Club
International Lighthouse CIC