Growing Together Northampton is looking to recruit individuals to its Board of Trustees. We are looking for people who are interested in the work we do and would like to help with the running of the organisation, helping to set direction and ensure that we meet the needs of people in the communities we work in.
We are specifically interested in people who live in the estates we work in: Blackthorn Goldings Rectory Farm, Thorplands, Lings, Lumbertubs or who understand some of the issues of the area.
We encourage Trustees to become involved in the organisation in a variety of roles supporting our community work or in the BGN Nursery. This is in addition to the Board meetings – which occur 4 – 6 times in a year.
To find out more please contact Kathryn White for an informal chat and a chance to find out more about the charity.
General responsibilities of all Trustees
• To ensure that Growing Together complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
• To ensure that Growing Together pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
• To ensure Growing Together applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects (the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are).
• To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to Growing Together, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
• To safeguard the good name and values of Growing Together.
• To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Growing Together.
• To ensure the financial stability of the Growing Together.
• To protect and manage the property of Growing Together and to ensure the proper investment of the charity's funds.
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY POSITION – FOR WHICH NO PAYMENT APART FROM OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES CAN BE PAID
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Blackthorn Bridge Court
More Opportunities from Growing Together Northampton
KETTERING MENCAP GATEWAY CLUB
Make a difference to children’s health, one meal at a time with Cooking Good – a community cooking p
Health Works- Cooking Good Project
ARCh (Assisted Reading for Children)
Canal & River Trust - Canal Museum