Purpose of Role To assist in the organisations ongoing H&S review
Responsible to Support Manager
What tasks may be involved?
• Writing risk assessments (with assistance if necessary).
• Standardising documentation.
• Assisting in rolling out new procedures across the organisation.
• Organising physical and digital files.
• Helping to work through the H&S review action plan.
Commitment by you
• Being engaged in the project.
• Preferably a minimum of 3-4 hours a session (ideally once a week).
• Adhere to the Hope Centre Professional Boundaries, Confidentiality Agreement and Hope Centre Policies.
• Attend and take part in meetings and training courses as and when required.
• Two references required.
• Adhere to Health and Safety.
• Contact a member of the Hope Centre Team if you are unable to make your session as soon as you are able: Call 01604 214300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment by us
• Induction to Hope Centre by volunteer coordinator team.
• Access to training.
• Regular news updates.
• Support sessions.
• Open door policy to the Volunteer Co-ordinator Team.
• Encouragement to try new things.
• Reference can be provided after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering.
Equality and Diversity
• The Hope Centre is committed to equality of opportunity in every aspect of its work.
• The data collected from volunteers helps the Hope Centre to monitor the success of its equal opportunities policy.
This role description in no way implies or states that a contract of employment is or will be offered. This is a voluntary, unpaid role.
What qualities or skills would be useful?
• A passion for health and safety.
• Previous H&S experience or qualification (preferable but not essential).
• Good computing, typing, and literacy skills.
• Be able to work through individual tasks till completion (with assistance if necessary).
• A friendly demeanour and positive outlook.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from The Hope Centre
DVC- Daventry Volunteer Centre
Central and East Northamptonshire Citizens Advice Bureau (Wellingborough Bureau)
Citizens Advice Services Corby & Kettering
KETTERING MENCAP GATEWAY CLUB
Independent Visitor Service – Children’s Rights Service – Northamptonshire Children’s Trust