As a learning and activity volunteer you shall play an important role in helping Kelmarsh deliver an exciting programme of education events and activities for families, schools and lifelong learners throughout the year. You shall work with the Learning and Activity Officer and other volunteers to deliver creative and engaging events and activities.
The Learning and Activity role is varied and there are a range of different tasks that you will be
involved in, for example:
- Set up, join in and clear away from events and activities.
- Work with other volunteers to lead or assist in the delivery of learning or activity programs and sessions.
- Dress in appropriate historic costume and assist visitors to do the same for some activities.
- To visit schools to deliver outreach activities for the learning program.
- To support the Learning & Activity Officer with the production of consumable resources used in the learning and activity programs.
- To engage with all visitors, participating in learning and activity programs, including small children, teenagers and adults of all ages.
- To attend evening events and assist with serving refreshments, as well as providing support and information about the Hall, to our guests.
- To attend ongoing training sessions in delivering new curriculum linked education sessions and other new learning and activity events.
Please note that this role will require you to work in the Coach-house learning suite and below-stairs areas, which may involve stairs, uneven surfaces and differing temperatures. We ask volunteers to dress smartly for their role and encourage you to wear layers and safe, comfortable shoes.
What skills or experience will you need?:
- An interest and willingness to learn about the history of Kelmarsh Hall & Gardens.
- Enthusiastic, approachable and friendly.
- Enjoy working with learners of all ages, including the very young, teenagers and adults/seniors. Some experience in teaching/support would be valued.
- Reliable and excellent time keeping skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to supporting others in their learning pursuits
- Flexible approach to working both in a team and independently
How much time will you be expected to give?:
We ask for a minimum of 3.5 hours per volunteering session. The learning/activities will run on Mondays to Thursdays from April until mid-July and then from September to the end of October.
There will also be opportunities to lead/support holiday schemes and lecture programs during the end of July and August.
Available shifts: 09.30am-1pm (volunteers to arrive at 09.30am for morning briefing and set up)
- 11.30pm-3pm (volunteers to arrive at 11.30am for afternoon briefing)
- 11.30am – 1.30pm (lunch and break time cover role)
- Occasional evenings in June/July/August from 6pm to 8.30pm
- Age restrictions
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/03/2021
End Date: 08/03/2022
Flexible to suit
More Opportunities from Kelmarsh Hall and Gardens
Little Oaks Pre-School
Age UK Northamptonshire
English Regional Transport Association (ERTA)