Are you interested in donating some of your time to help others? If so, we are always willing to see new volunteers. As a volunteer at CANTO you can expect to help support learners and staff during a range of sessions. You can choose to support in various sessions or stay with a subject you are interested in. We offer very flexible timetables to volunteers allowing you to join one 45 minute session a week up to four full days on a week by week basis.
As a further commitment to education we are able to accommodate college and university students looking for work placements to aid them in their studies. If you are working towards qualifications in occupational therapy, educational psychology or any other courses related to learning/behavioral disabilities or education we might be the place for you.
What's the catch? Well, there isn't one. We can cover any public bus fares and car mileage and even pay for your CRB to be completed. There really are no costs to volunteering at CANTO and we are sure you will gain valuable skills in the special education sector.
Don't just take it from us, read what current and past volunteers have to say about us. (More comments coming soon.)
- "Volunteering at CANTO is a fun and rewarding experience, I would recommend to everyone.
- I've gained a lot of new friends and learnt lots of new transferable skills." - Perry (volunteer)
- "One of the things I like the most about volunteering at CANTO is being made to feel welcome. As a retired teacher I get to use my skills in a practical way. I'm sure I get just as much back from CANTO as I give, it's so rewarding!" - Christine (volunteer)
An interest in supporting people with learning disabilities. is essential.
- Age restrictions
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/03/2021
End Date: 09/03/2022
Flexible to suit
Northamptonshire Association For The Blind (NAB)
Home-Start, Daventry/S Northants
Alzheimer’s Research UK
DACT- (Daventry Area Community Transport)including PITSTOP and SHOPMOBILITY