Passionate about fighting to end poverty?
Turn your passion into action and volunteer with Oxfam Kingsthorpe.
If you live in or near to this location and are searching for a volunteer role that will increase your transferable skills, give you retail experience, or you are just looking for a meaningful way to fill your time, then this may be the role for you!
They are looking for volunteers to help in all areas of the shop including customer service/till work on the shop floor, merchandising stock, sorting and pricing donations and listing and despatching items sold online.
No previous experience required! (But please note 2 referees needed to contact for references, 1 if you are under 18).
This shop is only currently able to accept applicants who are 18 and over.
What the role involves...
- Operating the till and digital Gift Aid tablet,
- Assisting customers on the shop floor and processing card and cash transactions,
- Accepting donations and thanking our donors and customers,
- Sorting, pricing, and merchandising the stock for the shop floor,
- Working in the online department, sourcing, listing and despatching items.
A minimum flexible commitment of 4 hours or more by arrangement during the week or weekend.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop retail skills/confidence to enhance your CV and job prospects,
- Comprehensive induction, training, and support for your new role,
- Insight into the running of a retail charity outlet,
- The opportunity to join a friendly, diverse, and committed team,
- Meet interesting people and make new friends when you join thousands of Oxfam shop volunteers who 'won't live' with poverty
- References can also be provided to future employers.
Safeguarding notice: Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the sex offenders list, and may enquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role. You may be required to submit to a PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
Good communication skills, team working, able to follow instructions, computer literate (If working in the online section).
- Age restrictions
Shop currently only looking for volunteers 18 and over.
- DBS check required
Only if you take on a supervisor role.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Refund of travel expenses, in line with Oxfam expenses policy.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Training provided for any role you take on.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
A minimum flexible commitment of 4 hours or more by arrangement during the week or weekend. They have shifts to suit: 9-1 and 1-5 Monday - Saturday. A minimum of 4 hours a week (1 shift) is requested
8 Alexandra Terrace
Salvation Army Charity Shop
Katharine House Hospice
DVC- TIMEBANK Project - Daventry Volunteer centre