Our Research and Archive volunteers play an important role in helping us to understand the information we have in our archive and collections. There is so much more we would like to learn about the history of Kelmarsh and you will make a big contribution to the future of opening Kelmarsh to the public!
The Research and Archive role is varied and there are lots of different tasks that you can be involved in. Below are the general tasks you will undertake each time you volunteer -
- Conduct research on particular topics which will contribute to our current and future projects.
- Answering any visitor queries surrounding the collection or archive.
- Looking out for any new archive sources which may contribute to the information we have on Kelmarsh.
- The chance to give tour guides to group visits or deliver short ‘pop-up’ talks on specialist subjects.
Please note that this role will require you to cover different areas of the building which may involve stairs and uneven surfaces. We ask volunteers to dress smartly for their role and encourage you to wear layers and comfortable shoes.
Seating is provided for rests during quieter periods.
What skills or experience will you need?:
- An interest and willingness to learn about the history of Kelmarsh Hall & Gardens.
- Experience or interest in historical research.
- Enthusiastic, approachable and friendly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working both in a team and independently.
How much time will you be expected to give?:
- We ask for a minimum of 3 hours per volunteering session, however the roles can be flexible as we appreciate you may have other commitments.
The Hall will be open from 11am-5pm on Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from April until the end of October.
- Age restrictions
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/03/2021
End Date: 10/03/2022
Flexible to suit
More Opportunities from Kelmarsh Hall and Gardens
Northampton Hope Centre
Weston Favell Library
Citizens Advice Services Corby & Kettering