To assist in the running of a local community Youth Group, providing a safe environment for young people to socialise, experience new opportunities, learn new skills, and have fun!
What tasks may be involved? The role can be varied depending on your experience and skills.
Tasks could include:
- running sports and activities,
- arts and crafts,
- tuck and refreshments,
- admin, finance of group,
- engaging the young people in group work and discussion,
- or sharing your skill with the young people - for example photography, gardening, ...
What would the benefits be for me?
• Experience in youth work and developing relevant skills
• Possible opportunity for training
• Rewarding opportunity to help support and develop our young people
• Fun environment
By being a positive role model to young people you can help them to make right choices, use their time well, and stay safe.
It doesn't take any particular skills just a willingness to be present, to listen and to care.
An ability to relate to, communicate with and listen to young people whilst helping them to further their personal development, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Volunteering can involve as little as one hour per month if enough people come together to enable their local youth group to remain open.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Vine Community Trust
Home Start Kettering
British Red Cross