As a youth support leader/lead you will help to deliver development opportunities on behalf of SJA through one of the programmes for young people (Badgers, (5-10 yrs) and Cadets (10-18yrs) This will involve supporting young people alongside youth leaders, youth helpers and others.
You would be involved in:
- Support the delivery and preparation of the unit's programme
- Assist in the provision of a safe, inclusive and open environment in which young people can learn first aid and explore contemporary values and issues including potential supervision of other adults during activities
- Encourage and support the empowerment and participation of young people
- In the absence of a senior member of the team, to take responsibility for the duty of care, health and safety and the safeguarding of the young people as necessary
- To undertake any training necessary in order to undertake the role
- Assist the Unit Management Team as appropriate with young people specific tasks.
An enthusiasm for the work of St John Ambulance and an appreciation of its values, an interest in supporting young people to develop, and good communication skills, especially with young people
- Someone who is able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative under guidance .
- Willing to undertake training as a SJA youth leader .
- Willing to train as a first aider at events (but not essential)
- Willing to train as a SJA trainer (but not essential)
- Knowledge of St John Ambulance's youth activities (but not essential)
- Knowledge of St John Ambulance youth programmes (but not essential).
Role is primarily unit based but can include working with Regional Youth Services team.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
First Aid training, Youth Leader training appropriate to role.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
Youth programmes policy & practice
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Badges and Cadets would like to run both on a Tuesday evening.
This opportunity is available in: Brackley, Towcester
Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe
The Royal Ordnance Depot
Northampton Volunteer Car Scheme
Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance
Tools with a Mission (TWAM)